Soil Care & Nutrient Management
Any successful nutrient management program begins with soil testing. Mead Tree and Turf Care uses Maryland Department of Agriculture approved labs for soil testing. We offer three different soil testing levels.
- Basic: Organic Matter, Phosphorus, Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, pH
- Intermediate: Same as basic plus Zinc, Manganese, Iron, Copper, Sulfur and Boron
- Advanced: Same as Intermediate plus sodium and soluble salts
We also test
- Soil Texture: Percent sand, silt, clay and texture classification
- Lead and Arsenic Contamination
Once we have reviewed your soil test, Mead Tree & turf Care, Inc. can customize your turf care program to make sure the right fertilizer and other amendments are being applied, at the appropriate time, to maximize turf and soil health.
We have organic programs.
Aeration & Over-seeding
Core aeration is used to break compaction in turf grass and encourage a healthy root system while over-seeding will increase turf grass density. Aeration and over-seeding are usually performed together in either the spring or, more commonly, the fall. Mead Tree & Turf Care uses quality Tall and Fine fescue blends when over-seeding. Aeration and over-seeding is essential to any successful turf program, both conventional and organic.